Playing sports is a great way to relax and vent out the stresses of the world. You can play basketball, table tennis, or soccer with your loved ones and enjoy quality time. But what if you cannot play outdoor since the winter is coming? Or what if you don’t have the needed sports equipment? Well, you don’t have to worry. As long as you use your creativity, you can play all kinds of sports anytime.
- Gather the Materials. If you want to create your own sports equipment such as ball, paddle, net, or ring, the first thing that you must do is to gather the needed materials. You can use recyclable items, including crumpled papers, empty bottles, styrofoam, and straws.
- Decide. Once you gathered all the available recyclable materials, your next task is to decide on the particular sports that you want to play. Also, assess the feasible sports equipment that you can produce out of the collected recyclable materials.
- Procedure. This is the phase wherein you’ll do the actual process of producing sports equipment. The following are the tweaks that you can do:
1. Mini Golf. If you cannot afford to visit a golf course, you can still play golf at home. Just cut a paper (in a circular pattern) and lay it on the floor- this will be the golf goal. Now, if you don’t have a ball, you can use styrofoam as an alternative. Just make sure that the styrofoam is cut evenly to ensure a smooth movement on the floor.
2. Table Tennis. There’s no reason why you couldn’t play table tennis. If you don’t have a net, you can use cardboard. Just place it in the middle of a table.
3. Floor Hockey. If you want to play hockey inside the house, it is also possible. Just get two chairs and place them on opposite sides of the room. The chairs will serve as the ‘goal.’